Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baking

I have been baking up a storm this year! Every two weeks I have been baking double batches of Wookiee Cookies and sharing them with the AWESOME guys who work on our vehicles. If you know my husband and how hard he is on his vehicle you would agree that these guys deserve to be absolutely spoiled with baked goods. ;-)

This week I will be doing cupcakes from scratch. I do mean from the bottom up which includes homemade frosting. Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting and conversation hearts on top for Valentine's Day is what I am making. Hopefully they turn out good. I am not worried about the cupcakes themselves but I have never done frosting before. I might make a single batch tomorrow to test them before I make them for our ODSJ potluck on Tuesday.

I will try to report back and post pictures of the results. Then next weekend I shall be once again baking cookies. The kids LOVE this new baker that I have discovered within myself.

So here are my brownies. I use the Bossk Brownie recipe from the Star Wars cookbook as a base and I have been experimenting with different additions. So far I have done milk and dark chocolate, semi-sweet and white chocolate, Andies mint chips and milk chocolate, and my latest is milk chocolate and peanut butter chips. I like them all but the peanut butter was my favorite. Here is a picture of my latest brownies.


On a recent trip to Tanger Outlet Mall I stopped in to Kitchen Collections and picked up a silicone baking mat. Woah buddy, I need another one of those. It makes the cookies so much easier to deal with when taking them off the pan. I do not need to spray the spatula or anything. So here is a picture of my Wookiee Cookies on the new mat.


Please ignore my dirty stove. I always clean it after the baking is all done. I enjoy letting all my frustrations go while scrubbing the crap out of my stove.

Oh and if you are wondering what Wookiee Cookies are, basically they are chocolate chip cookies with 2 types on chocolate chips (milk & Semi Sweet) and cinnamon. The cinnamon is what makes all the difference, I think.

Anyway, if I don't go to bed soon I might not make it there. Sweet dreams everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment