Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stupid Chicken Pasta

I'm a bad blogger today as I forgot to take a picture of the recipe that I am going to post. It was stupid because it is friggin' easy!

3-4 chicken breasts cubed (Depending on the cooking time you could use cooked all the way to frozen)
2 14.5 oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes
1 packet Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic soup mix (Supposedly found near the powdered Lipton onion soup mix. I couldn't find it at either store I went to today.)
Farfalle (Bowtie Pasta)
Parmesan Cheese to top it

Mix tomatoes and soup together in crock pot. Add chicken and stir. Cook 6-8 hours on low. Serve over pasta and top with cheese.

Now it wouldn't be me if I didn't modify it in some way or another.

First off, if your crock pot is on crack like mine is (even on low) then I would adjust cooking times. You could shorten to 5-6 hours or use frozen chicken breast. My chicken came out a bit dry at the 7-8 hour mark.

Second, I went to Kroger and HEB and couldn't find that damn soup. I used Onion Mushroom instead. You could use Beefy Onion or just plain Onion as well.

Third, the recipe called for Parmesan cheese. Kroger had a deal and I got Kraft 5 cheese Italian for a deal and it was perfect. Parmesan, Provolone, asiago, mozzerella, and romano. YUMMY

Since I couldn't find the savory herb and garlic soup I added herbs and garlic to the mix along with some seasoned salt. I tried it before adding any salt though.

I added the pasta to the crock pot after boiling and mixed it right in.

Family complaints:

1- Not enough sauce

Note- double sauce next time using 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes and 2 diced with garlic.

2- Not thick enough sauce.
Note- try adding tomato paste to thicken the sauce

3- Chicken a bit dry
Note- Adjust cooking time

Family Suggestions-

Try spiral pasta for better sauce holding.

Add garlic bread.

Other than that it was yummy. Even N, who is my picky eater liked it a lot. I will add this to the successful recipes. I hope you enjoy it. I adapted this recipe from one posted on The Crockin' Girls website. Stop by and check them out!!

http://crockingirls.com/recipes/stupid-easy-chicken-pasta/

My links never seem to work so copy and paste this into your search bar. I LOVE their site and go there regularly!

Tomorrow night is Sausage and Lentils from their website. YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment