Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dinner, check ups, & School days...OH MY

Double, double toil and trouble, fire burn, and cauldron bubble




OK, it is only gravy and it isn't in a cauldron at all. I tasted the au jus that surrounded my pork loin and it was really good. In fact, it was SO good that I thought leaving it as au jus would be a waste so I turned it into gravy.

I tried to cut the pork loin but it just fell apart. It was super yummy. The only complaint was that the onion soup was a bit salty, therefore the resulting gravy was too. I can see why this is an au jus because it gave the meat a great flavor but the salt stood out somewhat in the gravy. Next time low sodium onion soup or find a recipe for homemade onion soup mix that contains less salt. And before you ask, I only use unsalted butter in cooking. I prefer to let the adults add salt as they please and to keep the kids' salt intake to a minimum.

Anyway, here is the finished product: (No, I am not a food photographer.Not sure? See the gravy picture above.)


All in all this was very good. It made enough to feed 6 for those times when all 6 of us are together for dinner. So, if pork loin is on sale I give this recipe a thumbs up! Tomorrow is leftover night. Friday I think I will make the Taco Stew from a previous blog.


Tomorrow morning I have a check up at the VA. I haven't been sleeping much so I guess I should get in the shower and hit the bed early tonight since I have to drop the kids off early. And class will be a breeze... all I have to do watch presentations since ours is done!

I see a swimming pool in my future. I hope your weekend is wonderful. I'll be around.

I cannot wait to coast into the weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment