Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday's Ethics

I have a presentation with my partner D tonight in Ethics class. Sloppy Joes are on the menu tonight. Brown ground beef. Drain ground beef. Open can of bold Manwich sauce (sloppy Joe sauce of your choosing), Pour it in. Simmer 5 minutes. Mmm, dinner is served!

But there is a recipe from Hillbilly Housewife that I have decided to try. It is sort of similar to my turkey taco soup recipe which is a wonderful winter dinner. I think it will be yummy, I only worry about the salt content.

Taco Stew – Crock Pot

3 FROZEN chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg ranch dip dressing
1 can rotel (as hot as you want)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can white beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans

In crockpot place the FROZEN chicken breasts on the bottom, sprinkle taco and ranch dip seasoning on top of chicken. Then place cans in the order they appear (rotel, corn, white beans, black beans, kidney beans)—DO NOT DRAIN!!

Cook on low for about 5 hrs. Take chicken out and shred, place back in crockpot and stir. Enjoy!!

I plan on trying it this week and will post more about it later.

Oh and pictures of the hubby's birthday cake were supposed to post here but did not so I will add them manually.



I had it done with whipped icing to cut the sweetness back a bit and it was delicious. Thank you Kroger Bakery team!

No comments:

Post a Comment