Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Torture

Holy slab of meat, Batman! It smells wonderful in my house. I knew it smelled good when I woke up but I am drooling after going out to check the mail. Tonight we are having Pork Loin done in the crock pot. It is a brand new recipe so I cannot say how it is for sure yet but if smell is any indication we will be happy diners tonight.

So, I will share the recipe with you because even an insomniac can make it at 3AM! :-)

Oh just a note... I did not use tenderloin. I think of those as the 2 pieces of meat that are skinny and come in a package looking like one slab. I used Pork Loin which is one big piece and has more fat on it. People say it is not as tender but I think it all depends on your cooking method.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amazing-pork-tenderloin-in-the-slow-cooker/

Amazing Pork Tenderloin in the Slow Cooker

Ingredients:
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine

3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
1. Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.


It has a 4/5 Star review!! I think I might serve it with dressing unless I decide to use the sauce for gravy and make mashed potatoes.

More on how it turns out tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good actually. A nice savory dish. I just did a pork loin in the crock pot today. Poured a can of Root Beer over it and left it for 8 hours. Took it out, shredded it and mix in some smokey BBQ sauce. Served it on Buns. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I might have to try that one too! I love shredded pork bbq sandwiches.

      Delete