Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting older is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Now cooking in the crockpot is Creamy Italian Chicken. I will serve it with no yolk egg noodles and a veggie. I love having dinner cook on its own all day. I need to run and pick up the birthday cake for the hubby. It is chock full of yummy geekiness. Pictures to come. In the meantime, here is the recipe for dinner:

Creamy Italian Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope of Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can 8oz mushrooms

Put chicken in the crockpot. Mix dressing and water; pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3 hours.

Soften cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds. In mixing bowl beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken stirring to combine the dressing with the soup mixture. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice or noodles. Serves 4-6

NOTE: I have 6 people to feed. 5 of those are males. 4 of the 5 males are growing. I am using 2 packages of boneless skinless chicken thighs and doubling the sauce. Plus I use 1/3 fat cream cheese and fat free soup. I would have to advise against using fat free cream cheese because it tastes wrong. I can spot NO difference between 1/3 fat or regular cream cheese. Just a personal opinion though.

This is a yummy recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, that sounds really good Carrie. I love trying new recipes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete