Monday, July 30, 2012

NPNG part 2


Spinach & artichoke Baked pasta was a success. A few notes on it though:

1. I doubled the recipe since we have 6 people in the house for now. BAD idea unless you have a HUGE bowl. The salt and pepper did not mix as well as they could have and this was even with two of us stirring it. I think I will try recipes first before doubling for kids.

2. The kids all loved it. They had seconds and even some thirds. S thought it needed something but that didn't stop him from eating seconds. I guess it might have but I was too hot to really eat. I'll eat some later.

3. I think it needed more cheese in it and less on top. Maybe 3/4 of the amount inside and 1/4 on top.

4. It needed more time in the oven to warm but the cheese and some of the top pasta was toasty from the 425 degree oven. Maybe it should have done 15 minutes in before the cheese got added to the top.

I did use 1/3 fat cream cheese in it and it tasted great. I also shredded a rotisserie chicken to put in there to add to the protein. I am trying to meet my 60 gram protein goal even though I probably have not yet today.

The power went out at some point at my Mom's house which shut down the pool pump. The power had come back on but the pump has to be manually reset. I had to shock the pool with chemicals tonight in hopes that the kids and I can swim on Wednesday. I smell like chlorine now since that stuff clings to everything.

Tomorrow is our last day of presentations and our review for the Ethics final. Time to go wash off this chlorine.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment