Friday, July 27, 2012

It's that time again!

I would say TGIF and such but the weeks have really been flying for me this summer. Or even flying for a while now. When did time speed up? I wonder if it officially did that when I became a Mom? Or even when I became a student? When I was working, the weeks seemed to drag more often. Things definitely sped up when I became a Mother, it seems like the kids turned into weeds who were growing overnight. Of course, once I knew what I wanted to do with my adult life things got faster. Biology 1 & 2 with Dr. Y FLEW by because we had so much fun in those classes. Then Graduation was upon me and I worked very hard to graduate earlier than I anticipated. Partially to get out of COM, but mostly so I didn't have to reapply to UHCL. The Gov't would have paid my application fee but I didn't want the hassle. SO, I pushed through a 16 hour semester and ended with a 4.0 GPA.

Almost everyone in my life agreed that I should take a summer off this year but I couldn't. There are a few reasons for this, but we will just say that it wasn't feasible and leave it at that because in the end I am happy I pulled in a summer class that will end in another A. There is more to it that that though, I feel like I wasted used a lot of time already. I want to be on course with going into the career field as the kids are getting older and less needy for me to be around at their school, however, be available to go to their school functions still. So far I have managed to be rather involved during what I deem is the most important time. They are going to be coming into their own about the time I won't be able to be around as much. C will be too cool for Mom. I don't know about N though.

I have been contemplating anonymous blogging on top of this blog. I have a few reasons for this. For one, some of the people in my life that I could share everything with without worrying about being judged are gone now. I hope you have that kind of person in your life. You know the person that would give you a hug and hold you whether you made a stupid booboo or did something horrible. I don't want feedback, I want catharsis. I hate physically writing anything down because then people can find it and connect it to you. This way you might happen upon it but it takes a lot of effort and time to positively attribute it to me. Also, sometimes I want to blow off steam without hurting anyone's feelings. Usually even if I feel wronged I will get past it before it gets to a confrontational point.

I feel like I have learned a lot about myself in the 8 week class I took this summer. I'm changing and evolving as a person, as a parent, and as a budding professional. The journey is never ending (I hope!) and exciting.

Now to beat the insomnia monster after final exams. I'll be back to getting up T 6:30 am to get the kiddos to school on time. My actual classes are all over the place Mon-Thurs. Now that I am at UHCL I have realized that my days of easy semesters are OVER. On the other side of that, I am getting into the meaty classes that challenge me and make me think. I am not looking forward to the 2,000 word paper in Advanced Writing but that will be Spring semester.

I thought a lot about going back over the content of this blog since I have applied for the Bachelors of Social Work program. You know I don't put it past anyone to do web research on candidates. I decided to leave it as it was. I hope that it will reflect my own personal growth. I had a blog at one time that was focused on petty crap but I deleted it. There are people in my life that I hurt and I am truly sorry. Just because I do not agree with how you handle things all the time doesn't give me the right to judge you. I am pretty sure that you find some of my decisions to be not to your tastes. However, we have to 'live' with each other and I would rather do it peacefully and in the best interest of our mutual loved ones then to be at odds. Especially now.

So, in the future this blog will be a mixture of my reflections on life, recipes, and whatever else I feel like posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment