Monday, August 20, 2012

Cabbage and Onion with Sausage


1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 large onion chopped
1 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon sage
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until crumbly; drain leaving 2 tablespoons of the drippings in the skillet with the sausage. Stir in the onion, cabbage, sage, parsley flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until onion and cabbage are limp.

Yields 6 servings.

We like this recipe. The sausage gives it a great flavor. If you are not a fan of sausage then you can substitute 1 pound of chopped bacon. We have never done this before so you are on your own.

I didn't take any pictures. It sounds fatty but it did not bother my gall bladder issue at all so I think it was OK. It was probably the best meal I have had all weekend!

I have a consult with surgeon tomorrow. Prayers/vibes/good thoughts are appreciated for a quick surgery date. The boys and I go back to school on the 27th and we need to get this fixed ASAP. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment