Friday, August 31, 2012

Surgery Follow Up

Today was my follow up after surgery.

Apparently, I was NOT released to return to school yet and I heard about it today. I was told that I was to take the rest of the weekend to rest. Of course, tomorrow night is the Welcome Back Bash on campus and I promised to take the littles. Luckily, I convinced my Mom to come and to drive so that I could rest some.


When the pathology came back from the lab it was revealed that my gall bladder was actually infected. I would have gotten sicker if I had let it go. I would have likely missed a hell of a lot of school if I had waited until Christmas break like i had planned to do. I feel better about pushing to get it done ASAP.

The big boys are coming to stay this weekend. It is DnD for them and Sunday is my sister's 45th Birthday. Also Monday is a holiday so it will be a fun weekend for the most part. I do have Humanities homework to do before Tuesday. I made it to 2 of 4 classes this week. I missed Philosophy (Ethics) due to my surgery follow up and I missed Social Work Human Development because the Doc said I had to. Next week I have to get busy. I am not released to normal duty for 2 more weeks but I can do more than I have been able to do. I feel SO much better though. I will follow the Doctor's orders though so that I don't miss any more school than necessary.

All in all it has been a good experience though.

No comments:

Post a Comment