Friday, August 3, 2012

Chicken Taco Stew


This was very good but it needed a few things in our opinion. I will post the original recipe and then add my .02 cents after.

Taco Stew – Crock Pot

3 FROZEN chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg ranch dip dressing
1 can rotel (as hot as you want)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can white beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans

In crockpot place the FROZEN chicken breasts on the bottom, sprinkle taco and ranch dip seasoning on top of chicken. Then place cans in the order they appear (rotel, corn, white beans, black beans, kidney beans)—DO NOT DRAIN!!

Cook on low for about 5 hrs. Take chicken out and shred, place back in crockpot and stir. Enjoy!!

This needed more tomatoes. I will add at least 1 additional can of diced tomatoes when I make it again.

Also, we decided to top it with nacho and taco blend cheese which was yummy! And we served it with tortilla chips.

One final note is that I didn't use canned corn in my recipe. I used frozen corn because I think it is better. I feel that the addition of one or more cans of diced tomatoes will enhance the recipe and give the liquid missing from using the frozen corn. If you wanted you could increase the cans of rotel but I would not suggest it if you have kids or other picky eaters.

Now, I had my contacts in for a very long time today and I think it is time for bed. More about my epic day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment