Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday Fun and Prepping for Sunday Dinner!!

Today the little boys and i hung with my Mom (Nana) and my sister (Aunt MiMi). We first headed out to Froberg's farms to get fresh fruits and veggies. We also picked up some of the best jalapeno and cheese sausage ever made from Greak's Smokehouse. If you are out in Alvin stop by and check them out. Here is their webpage. My links may not be working so just copy and paste.

http://www.frobergsfarm.com/

When we were done we stopped at the Snack Shack for some Watermelon. Their slices are $1 and they do not skimp on them at all.


I had one, Mom had one, and Connor had most of one since Nik didn't want any more. After we were floating and had washed out hands, we decided to play a bit. There were 2 AWESOME sculptures made of old trees. One was a raccoon and the other was an armadillo with a saddle. Here are the boys playing on the armadillo.


We went back to Nana's and swam for a while before having hot dogs and awesome sausage for dinner. We came home to wash the sheets and such from the beds and now Connor is folding his and Nik's clothes. He is being very helpful. What does he want? Hmmm. I kid because I can but my kids are really cool guys. They are all very smart in their own ways and I love them a lot. I always wanted a daughter but I enjoy having 4 boys 99% of the time.

Here is one of Connor folding clothes.


I know every girl has the want to be pretty but as a woman/Mother I know that I am beautiful because I have and give unconditional love.We have our ups and downs but I love my boys no matter what. That is really cool! I am off for tonight. I am waiting for S's pillow to dry. I am hoping to get it done before he and the big boys get home from DnD. I will still need to wash the big boys pillows but I just don't think I will have time tonight. I chose to wash their comforters instead since they use them at night. After S finishes his work laundry tomorrow I will do the pillows and the little's blankets. I have to pick up a pillow from my Mom and I am going to get everyone using better pillows ASAP.

And now you have been treated to a day in my oh-so-exciting life. So for being patient I will tell you what is for dinner tomorrow. I like to make homemade chicken pot pie a lot. I forgot to take out the chicken to that until late Saturday night so I am trying something new. I put the mostly frozen chicken tenderloins in the crock pot with some seasoning and mixed veggies. I did not have 2 packages of mixed veggies so I used 1, a package of cut green beans, and a bag of golden corn. I added 2 cans of cream of chicken soup with herbs and 2 cans of fat free cream of celery soup. Tomorrow I will cover a baking dish bottom with pie crust, add the chicken/veggie/soup filling, and top with the other crust and bake to instructions on the crust package. I will put that with a yummy salad and we will have a great dinner with the boys before they go back to T's house for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment